Zesty Chicken Meatballs
Makes 28 to 30 mini meatballs
1 pound ground chicken
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg, whisked
¼ cup unseasoned whole-wheat bread crumbs
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped, about 1 small sprig
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped, about 5 sprigs
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 lemon, zested
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. In a large bowl, gently mix the chicken, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, Worcestershire, paprika, onion powder, oregano, thyme, brown sugar, lemon zest, 2 healthy pinches of salt and a few grinds of pepper in a bowl.
2. Form into mini meatballs, slightly smaller than a golf ball; it should make 28 to 30 meatballs.
3. Warm the butter and oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
4. Transfer the meatballs to the pan and do not disturb for 3 minutes to brown well. Turn, cooking another 3 minutes without disturbing.
5. Keep cooking until browned and cooked on all sides, but still juicy and plump with a spring to the touch.
6. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
7. Serve with Minted Yogurt Dipping Sauce