To make the sauce:
1. In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, chili-garlic sauce and hot chili
oil. Mix well and reserve.
To make the filling:
2. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, shrimp, egg white, water chestnuts, garlic,
scallions, celery, cilantro, ginger, sugar, salt, and sesame oil. Season with a little
pepper and mix, stirring rapidly in 1 direction until mixture is well combined and
To make the potstickers:
3. Working in batches, lay 4 potsticker wrappers on a clean surface. Keep the
remaining wrapper covered with plastic wrap to prevent drying.
4. Put a heaping teaspoon of filling in the center of each of the 4 wrappers
5. Brush the edges with water. Fold the wrapper in half over the filling, pinching the
edges together to form semi-circles.
6. Put the potstickers on a baking sheet seam-side up and cover with a clean
towel. Repeat until all the potstickers have been formed
To cook the potstickers:
7. Heat a large skillet over medium. Add about 1 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is
hot add half the potstickers seam-side up.
8. Cook the potstickers until the bottoms are golden crisp, about 4 minutes
9. Add 1/3 cup broths. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until the liquid is
absorbed, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer the cooked potstickers to a platter. Repeat,
cooking the remaining potstickers.
10. Serve potstickers warm accompanied by the dipping sauce.