(makes about 3 medium personal pizzas or 1 large pizza)
4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons instant yeast
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ teaspoons salt
½ cup warm water
1 ¼ cups room temperature water
1. Sprinkle the yeast into the warm ½ cup of water and let stand until the yeast dissolves and swells, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the 1 ¼ cups room temp water and oil. Stir to combine
3. Mix together 2 cups of the flour and the salt.
4. Add the liquid ingredients and stir together with a wooden spoon. Add almost all of the remaining 2 cups flour so that a workable ball of dough forms.
5. Turn out onto a floured work surface and knead, using the remaining flour (or more) as necessary if the dough is still sticky. Knead until smooth and elastic
6. Oil dough and put in a large bowl, covered loosely with plastic wrap.
Let rise until doubled in size, 1.5 to 2 hours.
7. Preheat oven 400 degrees.
8. Before assembling Pizza, get all toppings ready, and generously dust the pizza pan or baking tray with corn meal.
9. Punch down the risen dough, return to the floured surface, and knead for a few minutes.
10. Stretch the dough into a thin circle, and place it on the corn meal.
11. Brush the top surface with olive oil, and apply desired toppings.
12. Bake pizza for 10-12 minutes, or until crust is golden and toppings are bubbling.