Makes 5-6 servings
For the Dressing:
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 small clove garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
¼ pound turkey bacon
2 eggs, hard boiled
3 heads romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
2 cups watercress, thick stems removed
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 2 cups)
½ avocado, diced (about 3/4 cup)
1 cup cooked chicken breast breast, diced
½ cup crumbled Roquefort or Blue cheese (about 2 ounces)
1. In a small bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. In a slow, steady stream, whisk in the oil until blended. Set aside.
3. Place the eggs in a pot and cover with cold water by a 1-inch or so.
4. Bring to a gentle boil. Then turn off the heat, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes.
5. Have a big bowl of ice water ready and when the eggs are done cooking place them in the ice bath for three minutes or so - long enough to stop the cooking.
6. Crack and peel each egg, place in a medium mixing bowl.
7. Slice the turkey bacon into ¼-inch strips.
8. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat over a medium-high heat.
9. Add the turkey bacon to the skillet and cook over stirring frequently, until it is cooked through and crisped, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
10. Chop the eggs and set aside.
11. In a large bowl toss the romaine and watercress with 2/3 of the dressing.
12. Put the dressed greens onto a large serving dish.
13. Place the tomatoes on top of the lettuce forming a row down the middle.
14. In strips on either side of the tomatoes place the avocado, chicken, cheese, diced egg, and the crisped turkey bacon on top of the greens.
15. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.