Jamaican Jerk Paste & Chicken Skewers
2 cups finely chopped scallions
1 Scotch bonnet, seeded and minced (please wear gloves)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
5 teaspoons ground Jamaican allspice
2 bay leaves
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, crumbled
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pineapple Juice to taste
3 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 red peppers, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 red onion cut into medium sized wedges
1 batch Jamaican Jerk Paste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Wooden Skewers that have been soaked at least 20 minutes in water.
To make the jerk paste:
1. Combine all jerk paste ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Adjust seasonings.
3. Toss chicken breast pieces with Jamaican Jerk Paste in a large bowl. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
To assemble the chicken skewers:
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Toss onion and pepper pieces with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Remove skewers from water and pat dry.
4. Thread chicken, peppers, and onions onto the skewers.
5. Roast skewers in the oven until cooked, 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally.